27 January 2009

What the hell, facebook?

Okay, I can accept that social networking seems to make money from selling information about its users to advertisers. (Can we call them "Marketeers?") Not so cool, but a reasonable price to pay for free Scrabb Wordscra Lexul Scrabble and friend requests from people we never really thought we'd wanted to see again. But I may have to take issue with the ads I'm seeing.
Take this first one.
Now, I had no idea who Deb was, or what made her an "lpuk." Eventually I got that it was for credit restructuring, but by that point I'd sworn never to trust anyone named Deb.
This seems to be some sort of fan site for an island shaped like a shoe. Yeah, I don't know either.
Okay, so I live in the UK. That's no excuse for this sort of dental discrimination. It's not all like this anymore.

Alright, seriously. What kind of job is she supposed to be representing? And does anyone really think that it's going to be okay with Facebook's no-filth policies? C'mon, people. You can do better than this.

1 comment:

picklish said...

Oh, man. Now that I know you're on Facebook, I'm going to be one of those people! Muahahaha!

Thanks for the comic link--I love her drawing style. It reminds me a lot of Duke City Derby's bout posters, which are drawn by a woman in Minneapolis with the handle of Whiskey 6 or something similar.