01 August 2006

Like Malaria, I figure...

I get the feeling that it's going to take me quite a while to get Japan out of my system, and that it'll probably never be gone completely. I'll be minding my own business when suddenly I'll get all dizzy and feverish under a wave of nostalgia for getting a hot towel served with my beer or having a room full of kids repeating after me "vampires want blood." The last week was a struggle (that I usually failed in) to not start every sentence with "in Japan..."

Sorry, y'all, but that's pretty much all I've got in the way of personal experiences for the last couple of years. So while I try and accrue some new material, I'll be working through a backlog of stuff that I meant to post but never got around to. And hopefully, at some point in the near future, I'll be able to talk about something else.

Like maybe my long-rumored-but-as-yet-unsubstantiated plans to go back to school...

(Did that do anything in the way of building suspense? C'mon, tune in next time.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am suspence.
I know what you mean. I fugure I will always be here for on the food and for two moving in to "In Japan..." territory. Mind you since your stories are interesting I know I will never hae to put you in the same category as "In Canada....hockey..."
BTW quit my job
Nicol

Anonymous said...

I am betting on Guatemalan medical school; you can start every sentence with " En JapĆ³n ..."