12 February 2006

A word about your author

I heard, indirectly, that somone who had read this, but that I don't generally communicate with individually, was surprised to hear from someone who heard from someone who was reading over someone else's shoulder that I was doing things which weren't mentioned directly in these posts.

I never presumed that my life was interesting enough to merit detailed entries about my daily travails.

Gee, that's a swell word, isn't it? "Travail." Not entirely accurate, though. I do very little hard labor these days, apart from occasionally hoisting a kid upside down by his ankles and shaking him to see what falls out of his pockets.

Anyway, here is a brief update that's only stuff to do with me. No politics or anything.

  • I'm in the process of applying to grad school. This working schtick is for the birds. It's high time to get back to the bosom of academia.

  • I went to the Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum again yesterday. That makes my ninth visit in four years, and my seventh time going specifically to take somone else there for the first time.

  • My bicycle, which I got for free, has a flat tire.

  • I can make a pretty good Japanese-style curry. Which I did on Friday. It was great, and I'm going to eat the leftovers tonight.

  • In my opinion, the song "Papa Was A Rolling Stone", by The Temptations, is simply excellent. You should have a copy of it.


  • Gotta go. More later.

    But I ain't promising when.

    No comments: