03 January 2008

Keep on keepin' on

Going back to work soon. Edumactin' them thar ex-changed students. Yeah, the foul-mouthed Yank foreigner complaining about the quality of instruction is being hired to teach at that self-same institution. Not quite the blind leading the blind, but somewhere in the neighborhood. Maybe "the belligerent lecturing the apathetic" or "the surly leading the indifferent".

Anyway, been trying to get some fictional-type writing done. I figure I've already got half-empty bottles scattered around my desk, a big-ass stack of books to read that no one else seems interested in, and I can use "synecdoche" in a sentence. What else do I need besides a snooty portrait for the back of my book, a felt-tip pen to autograph with, and some Hollywood type to arrange an option deal that will linger in development hell forever and ever?

I mean, besides a plot and characters, and maybe another 90,000 words or so?

Happy 2008 y'all. I'll be back to bitching about stuff soon.

No comments: