18 November 2006

Compromise

One of the things that seems to be in the British media kind of a lot lately is stuff concerned with managing the impact of human life on the ecosystem. Stuff like reducing your carbon footprint or cutting back on the distance your food has to travel from source to stomach. So there's a sense that everyone is expected to sorta pitch in and do their part. Which may be some sort of green descendant of Britain's WWII spirit.

Being a civic-minded chap, I figured to do my part too. Last night when I saw a spider the size of a nine-volt battery hanging out near the sink in the bathroom, I thought "great, he can live in here and eat bugs."

It wasn't until I was going to bed that I realized that I was going to try and sleep in a poorly sealed room with a spider the size of a nine-volt battery roaming around, probably looking for somewhere warm to bunk.

Ecolomologism sucks sometimes.

No comments: