18 July 2006

I'm so short, I could parachute off of a dime

I've got one week left. And following the principal's request, I still haven't told any of the students and most of the teachers that I'm not coming back after summer vacation. But tomorrow is the 1st semester closing ceremony, and I'm supposed to break the news to everyone tomorrow.

So now the question arises: how much do I tell them? The truth is usually best, but it's also not often convenient. And I would like to leave at an intersection of the civil/respectful curve and the avoiding-unneeded-pointless-blather curve that has high values for both.

Just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest the following:

Dearest Students, I must leave you. Why I cannot say. Where I am going you cannot know. How I will get there I haven't decided yet. But one thing I can tell you, any time I hear the wind blow it will whisper your name. With a love that will echo through the ages. – Sam-Sensei

Nerd Hater said...

Or say, "After much thought, I've decided to leave. I won't say exactly why but it has to do with something someone said to me. That person knows what they did and how wrong it was and for that, I will never forgive them. The person in question has made it impossible for me to stay." Then look each one of them in the eye to make them think you're talking about them. They'll wonder for the rest of their lives what they possibly could've said to piss you off.