28 June 2006

We can still be friends though.

"This is it Japan. We're finished. I'm leaving you. I thought I could learn to deal with all of it, with you. But we're just too different. The odd hours, the incessant demands on my time, the limits on what I could and couldn't do with you, all the rituals you insisted on introducing in everything we did just to protect your "wa." Why didn't you just come out and admit you stole that from Cuba Gooding Jr.'s bit about the 'Kwan' in Jerry McGuire, anyway?"
"Look, Japan, we're just moving in two different directions. Let's just try and end this civilly, all right? We're paid up through the end of the month, so let's just go out separate ways at the end of July."
"Besides, you'll meet someone else. You're a great country, and there's loads of people who are looking for someone like you. Well, just not this person. Not anymore. Japan, But after July 26th, well, let's just say we'll both have some looking around to do."
"I'm sorry, Japan. It's not me. It's you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, you two were so good together. You complemented each other nicely.

This is going to be hard on your friends you know. Don't make us choose.

Are you really leaving Japan? What next?

PS: Cool...the security codeword below is BYECU. How appropriate!

Shining Love Pig said...

If your archives list is anything to go by, I`d say you`ve had a pretty good run...

Anonymous said...

Awww :( Well at least theres a large archive to sift through if ever I get lonesome. Where abouts are you moving back to?

Datsun Z said...

Look, I know that some of you will be kind of split. I don't expect you to align with either me or Japan once we're not together. And like Bogey said, "we'll always have Paris."

Or was that Bacall?

Was she even in Casablanca?

Anyway, I'll be going home for a while to check on the books and toys I left back in the States. Then, well...

...Should I let it be a surprise? I still haven't got any of the visa paperwork in yet. But let me say that I'll be shipping off to be an alien again elsewhere. And probably sooner than I ought to...