22 May 2003

I'm back in Japan now. The trip had no major surprises, and getting back was fairly uneventful. Except for one thing. Turns out that they don't send you a gas bill in Saitama (where I live) if you haven't filled out one of those auto-debit things. They just turn off your gas after a couple of months. Which wouldn't bother me in summer except that my water heater is the only thing in my apartment that runs on gas.

Really, cold showers ain't so bad. I almost wanna go on a date and get cockblocked just so I'll have a good reason to take cold showers.

On the up side, I was able to negotiate an appointment with a guy from the gas company to get them to turn it back on. Looks like I have actually learned some Japanese in the last year and a half. Hooray for me. I'll be able to have a hot shower by Saturday afternoon. In the meantime, though...brrr.

No comments: