21 August 2007

Generation gap? Try Snake River Canyon-style crevasse...

Somehow, while I've been grappling with the difficulties of writing like a guy from 1870, my Dad (who has witnessed the ages of Jet, Space, Atomic, Information (both e- and i-) and Aquarius) has somehow become a Skype-using, Blackberry-owning, mobile-SMS-text-emailer.

Seriously, while I was trying (unsuccessfully) to work out whether it was more appropriate for a Victorian dude to say "Japanner" or "Nipponese", my dad was accurately using neologisms like "RU" and "O&O" and "STFU, my lamerz son, B4 you get pwned!"

Okay, maybe the last one was a joke, but not by much. Seriously, what the hell happened to me?

1 comment:

Jarred McGinnis said...

Read any of the free London newspapers and you'll agree that being out of touch is a virtue.

My vote is for Japanner.