24 July 2003

Lately I've been kinda tired. I know you're not supposed to say you're anything other than the genki-est gaijin to ever fall off the boat, but my routine is starting to feel a little like a rut.

Honestly, how many more times am I going to have to draw a map to show my hometown isn't in Mexico City or New York? (Tonight? Four times.) How many more times will I have to ask if Hana and Rika would like the fish and chips or the blood pudding? How many more times will I have to hear some glassy-eyed office drone tell me that their hobbies are shopping, watching TV and sleeping?

Man, if it wasn't for the fact that my memories of hating LA are still so fresh, I might forget that this is still a pretty good place to be. Sounds like what I really need is to change my job or something...

No comments: