07 August 2002

It's almost O-Bon

Or Obon. Or something. I'm not too clear on the spelling. It's a traditional holiday that's something like a Japanese version of Dia de Los Muertos. Folks go back to the old homestead to clean off the family tombstones, leave offerings for the dead relatives and visit with the live ones. Most businesses give folks a couple days off to handle ancestral affairs.

Since I'm on the wrong side of the Pacific to easily visit my family, I'm just gonna hack around Tokyo for a couple of days. That is, if I can get out of Fukui.

Damn stupid night bus being damn stupid sold out tonight.


Of course, my own waiting until the last day to buy a bus ticket has no bearing on the situation.

No new pictures this week. Maybe next time I'll get around to posting the shots from Kyoto.

Or the ones from that weekend in Albuquerque in May.

Or not.

No comments: